Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cookie Dough Cupcakes


layers of cookie dough

Whenever I make chocolate chip cookies it takes all my will power not to just take a spoon to the batter and forget the cookies. I love cookie dough so when I saw a recipe for these cupcakes I had to try it out. These cupcakes consist of a chocolate chip cake that replaces regular white sugar with brown sugar to give them that traditional chocolate chip cookie taste. Then they have a cookie dough truffle filling which  is super incredibly AMAZING, I have no words to describe how delicious this filling is, if nothing else just make the filling. And if thats not enough cookie dough goodness, to top off this incredible confection, they are frosted with cookie dough buttercream which incorporates more brown sugar for even more classic cookie dough taste. All of these elements are incredible on there own, but together they create an over the top dessert that is perfect for cookie dough addicts.

I used the recipe found on Annie's Eats and followed the cake part exactly. The only thing I changed was adding a couple extra tablespoons of brown sugar to the filling and frosting because I wanted the chocolate chip cookie flavor to be extra prominent. Annie's Eats has a ton of delicious looking treats but I feel like the directions for filling the cupcakes weren't there for someone who is new to baking so I thought I would give some direction for that.

Method for Filling
1. Refrigerate the filling for at least an hour so its easier to work with. I made the filling a day before which is a great option if you don't have a lot of time on the day you plan to serve them.
2. Roll the filling into 1/2-1 tablespoon balls, just like if you were going to bake cookies. Try not to eat too many :)
3. Cut a hole in the cooled cupcakes big enough for the dough balls to fit. I used a melon baller for this task but a pairing knife or an apple corer will also work.
cut holes

4. Smush dough balls into the cupcakes. Don't worry if they don't fit perfect, the frosting will cover any imperfections.
fill
5. Frost! I had about half the buttercream left over so if your a frosting fein you can really go nuts here and have a 2:1 frosting to cupcake ratio.
decorate with mini chocolate chips


enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment