This cupcake is for serious peanut butter fanatics. It starts with an easy one bowl moist chocolate cupcake based off a Martha Stewart recipe. Then its cored out and filled with a rich peanut butter and white chocolate truffle. Its topped with a peanut butter buttercream frosting which taste like a Reese pieces. I had intended to fold the chopped pb cups into the cake batter but I forgot! Instead I folded some into half of the truffle center which was much better than the plain truffle. While this cupcake is good, I think the truffle center is too rich. If I were to make these again I would simply omit it and just have a plain chocolate cupcake (possibly with chopped pb cups mixed in) with the smooth peanut butter buttercream frosting.
|bought half price after valentines day!|
Peanut Butter Truffle Center
3/4 cup peanut butter cups, chopped
1 bag white chocolate chips
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1. After chopping the pb cups, stick them in the freezer for at least and hour. This will keep them from melting into the truffle batter.
2. Melt chocolate in a medium sized bowl in the microwave (or preferfed melting method). Add the peanut butter and stir to fully combine, you may need to put it back in the microwave for a 20 seconds or so.
3. Fold in the pb cups and refrigerate until its set, about an hour or two.
|extreme peanut butter|
Peanut Butter Buttercream
1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 pound powdered sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1. Using an electric mixer, or stand mixer if you're lucky, cream the butter and pb until its light and fluffy.
2. Gradually add the powdered sugar until fully incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
3. Add the vanilla, salt, and heavy cream and beat until fluffy. Start with just 1/2 a cup of cream and go from there adding more if necessary, it should have a smooth consistency.