Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Portobello Steak and a Ribeye



Mushrooms are a great meat substitute. When they're cooked, they develop a very juicy flavor similar to that of meat. they are great on the grill because they are super sturdy which makes them perfect when your grilling steak for a non vegetarian.

I seasoned these with Portobellos with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil then grilled them and garnished with cilantro. Any fresh herb would be delicious would be a delicious finishing touch, cilantro is just my favorite.

I made sautéed bell papers and onion because my original plan was to make paper steak for my friend based on a recipe I saw online. However, when I went to the grocery store I wash;t sure which cut of steak to get. I asked a man the worked there and told me ribeye was an easy on just to grill and broil. Thus, I just grilled them and made the papers a side dish. I also made a side of quinoa because it cooks like a grain but is really a seed so its very high in protein. A perfect way to round out the vegetarian side of the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment